Put Dan Quillen’s 20+ years as an HR director to work for you!
1. Stay positive — No negativity in cover letters or interviews.
2. Tighten your belt.
3. Spend 40 hours a week searching for a job.
4. Reach out to your network.
5. Identify job boards and job search sites.
6. Tailor your résumé for each job.
7. Use language from the job description in your cover letter and résumé.
8. Learn about the company you’re interviewing with.
9. Dress appropriately for your interview.
10. Remember: You are not alone.
From Dan Quillen’s Get a Job! How I Found a Job When Jobs Are Hard to Find